The inside of the box in the first picture is the original color of the entire box. This cigar box is being altered for a swap over at the Scrap Shack. The theme is steampunk. I went to a cigar shop and bought five empty cigar boxes. I liked all five so much that I wasn't really sure which one to pick for the swap, so I figured I would just decide later at home. I finally decided to go with the one that was all natural wood so I could coat it with Terra Cotta Walnut Stain. I love the way it turned out. I have many ideas in my head for the rest of the alteration process...so we'll see. To Be Continued...
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Croms of the Dark Arts Forum at the Scrap Shack has challenged us to use alcohol inks. Well the only alcohol ink that I have is Copic Markers and I only have 11 colors and a blender. I used 5 of those colors on the hospital image that I printed from the internet. I used a Circle Nestabilities die to make the opening in the gray cardstock and the black outline to show the image. Then I stamped white cardstock several times with the awareness ribbon stamp, colored 4 of them with a purple Copic Marker and cut them out to place on this page. I then distressed the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. This page depicts the horrible last three weeks of my dad's life that was spent in the hospital dying of Pancreatic Cancer.
Friday, September 9, 2011
The theme for this ATC was travel and the destination should be obvious, so I decided to do a beach scene. I used sandpaper for the sand and cut out a tiny piece to make the "sandpile" near the shovel. The starfish is a rub-on and the "beach towel" was cut from patterned paper. I used a grey marker to make the birds and Stickles to make the cloud.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
This background paper was leftover from one of my 2011 GASC classes. Since it already had the heart on it, I thought I should use it because we are supposed to REMEMBER to keep the Word of God in our hearts. I used the Nestabilities Blossom dies to make the journal mats. I used Platinum Stickles for the title. I added QQ Frosted Butterflies, lace and a few flowers with stems that were leftover from another 2011 GASC class.